Perth – FAQs
What is Uber Eats?
Uber Eats is our new food delivery platform that makes getting great food from your favourite local restaurants as easy as requesting a ride.
When is Uber Eats available?
Uber Eats availability varies by location, with some areas operating 24 hours per day. Check out the Uber Eats app or website to see when restaurants are available in your area.
Where is Uber Eats available?
Uber Eats is available throughout Perth. Pop open the app to see the restaurants in your area.
How do I start using Uber Eats?
- Download the app and add your delivery address.
- Choose from the full menu of Perth’s best restaurants.
- Place your order and follow along as your meal is prepared and delivered!
How much does Uber Eats cost?
Uber Eats offers different meals at varying prices.
The delivery fee for Uber Eats varies based on several factors, but you'll always see the fee upfront so you know what you're paying before you order.
Note that prices and offers on the Uber Eats website and in the Uber Eats app may differ from prices and offers in the restaurant.
What is the delivery fee on Uber Eats?
The delivery fee on Uber Eats is a charge you pay to restaurants for each delivery.
How do you select restaurants?
We’ve partnered with top restaurants in Perth to bring their menus to Uber Eats.
Have a favourite restaurant you’d love to see on Uber Eats? Tell us here.
What if I have food allergies or want to change the order?
For most meals that you order through Uber Eats, you’ll be able to add special instructions to let restaurants know about any modifications you may need.
What if I have a problem with my order?
We’re here to help. Once you’ve placed an order, just contact our support team from within the app and we’ll take care of your issue.
Do I need to tip my delivery partner?
Tips aren't included and they aren't expected or required. You can rate your experience each time you order – just like you rate an Uber ride.
How do promo codes and credits work?
Uber offers special promotions to provide discounts on food to Eaters. If you have added multiple promo codes to your account, you'll be unable to select your preferred promo code from your account. Instead, your most recently added promo code will be applied to your current or next order. For example, if you added a valid code on Tuesday and another code on Wednesday, your next order will use the code you added on Wednesday. A promo code's value will only apply to one order. Any remaining amount disappears.
ADD A PROMO CODE TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom of the main screen.
- Tap "Promotions"
- Tap "Enter Promo Code"
- Enter the code and tap "Apply"
VIEW ACTIVE, REDEEMED, AND EXPIRED PROMO CODES ON YOUR ACCOUNT
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom of the main screen.
- Tap "Promotions"
Uber credits can be applied to any order. To use them, all you need to do is tap "CREDITS" next to your account's payment method at check out. This will bring up your payments profile, where you can use the toggle to apply Uber credits to future orders. To check your credits balance, tap the profile icon at the bottom of the main screen and tap "Payment" to see your credit balance.
You can also share your personal invite code with friends to earn credits. Select profile icon at the bottom of the main screen. Then tap "Free Food" from the menu to view your invite code. When a friend orders their first meal with Uber Eats, your account will receive Uber credits. The amount of Uber credits for a referral will vary by city.
Where do I find my personal Uber Eats promo code?
You can find your Uber Eats promo code by opening the Uber Eats app, tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right and then tapping on 'free food'.
How do I share my code and get the discount?
You can use the share buttons on the 'free food' page, or copy/paste the text onto emails, social media or anywhere else. When a friend makes an order using your code you will receive the discount.
Can I apply the discount to rides in the Uber app?
Sorry, Uber Eats discounts are for Uber Eats orders only.
Does the discount apply in other cities?
The discount is valid in Uber Eats cities that have the same currency. If you travel to a country with a different currency, the discount will not apply.
I’m a restaurant and am interested in partnering with Uber Eats. How do I get more information?
Thanks for your interest! We’re always looking to deliver great new dishes. Please start by filling out this form.
Uber Eats Instagram Competition Terms & Conditions
- 1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- 2. The promoter is Uber Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 49 160 299 865) (“Uber”).
- 3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are registered existing or new users of the Uber Eats application in cities where Uber Eats is available.
- 4. Competition commences at 6.00AM (AEST) on 1 January 2018 and closes at 11.59PM (AEST) on 31 December 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- 5. To enter, eligible individuals must upload a photo to Instagram of their meal ordered through the Uber Eats platform with the hashtag #UberEats. Only entries submitted via the Instagram application which use this hashtag will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works.
- 6. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Submissions will be judged by Uber, based upon individual creative merit. The judges’ decision will be final.
- 7. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- 8. Uber reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Uber, includes objectionable content, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Uber, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or Uber. Uber reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Uber becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- 9. By submitting an entry, you give Uber permission to copy, publish and promote your entry, including your name and image.
- 10. Uber shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within 24 hours of the determining the winners. At this time the winner will be asked to verify their Uber email address. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted after 24 hours, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s will forfeit any prize.
- 11. Uber shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- 12. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Uber, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- 13. 2 winners will be chosen for the entries received each month during the Promotional Period. The winners will be chosen on the last day of the applicable month.
- 14. Prizes are as follows: Each month 2 winners will receive a AU$20 credit towards their next Uber Eats order in Australia. The prize will be provided in the form of a promotional code applied to the winner’s Uber Eats account. The promotional code will expire on 31 December 2018.
- 15. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by Uber then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- 16. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram. By submitting an entry, you agree to release Instagram from all liability in relation to the contest.
Have another question we didn’t answer here? Visit our Help page or tap 'Help' in the Uber Eats app.